- Collection of your personal information
- Use of your personal information
- Your use of your and other users’ personal information
- Accessing, reviewing and amending your personal information
- Third party website links
- No spam or spoof emails
- Protecting your personal information
- You can contact us about privacy questions
Collection of your personal information:
- As part of your registration on the Site, you will be asked to provide us with certain personal or identifying information about yourself. Additionally, we may request verification of your identity in methods of copy of an official document that states your identity.
- We will also need to collect selected financial information from you, such as your credit card and/or bank account details.
- You will need to input this financial information into the "My Account" section of the Site. We use this financial information for billing purposes and for fulfilment. Following your registration on the Site, you should not have to post any personal information (unless you are making a transaction and need to update your financial institution information. Such updates must be entered on the My Account section of the Site ONLY. My Account is secured and restricted for your protection from the possibility of fraud or identity theft. We do not recommend posting any personal information anywhere else on the Site other than on the My Account section of the Site as it may lead to the interruption of service and/or suspension of your account.
- We will collect transactional information based on your activities using the Site, This transactional information is used solely in relation to the transactions you undertake on the Site and for no other reasons.
- Please note that we may use your Internet protocol (or IP) address (which is a unique number assigned to your computer server or your Internet service provider (or ISP)) to analyze user trends and improve the administration of the Site.
- We may also collect information about your computer (for example, browser type) and navigation information (for example, the pages you visit on the Site) along with the times that you access the Site. Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey. We may also collect feedback ratings and other comments relating to your use of the Site. Where we aggregate personal information for statistical purposes, such aggregated personal information shall be anonymized.
Use of your personal information:
- We only use your personal information to provide you with services and support; to measure and improve our services to you; to prevent illegal activities and implement our ("User Agreement") with you; troubleshoot problems; collect fees; provide you with promotional emails if you elect to sign-up to receive them, and verify information you give us with third parties for authorization, processing and verification services or with third parties for fraud screening purposes.
- Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or legal entities and we will only do so as the law requires or requires to comply with court orders, cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of our User Agreement.
- In the event of a sale of mazad.com, or any of its affiliates and subsidiaries or any related business assets, your personal information may be disclosed to any potential purchasing party or parties for the purposes of the continued provision of the Site or otherwise in relation to any such sale. We may share your personal information with our other group companies so as to provide joint content and services to you, to help detect illegal acts and/or the violations of our policies. We may also share your personal information with other Site members as part of an auction or "Buy Now" purchase on the Site. For example, at the end of a successful auction on the Site we will provide the seller and the successful buyer with each other’s contact information. This contact information will be the personal information provided by you to us on registration and, as a result, should always be kept up-to-date.
- Additionally, information relating to items you are buying or selling or auctions you are participating in be displayed on the Site. This information can include details of your user ID, feedback ratings and associated comments relating to your use of the Site. Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information to a third party with your express permission.
- By registering on the Site, you give us your express consent to receive promotional emails about our services and emails announcing changes to, and new features on, the Site when you check the box for Newsletter under the My Account section. If, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive any such emails, you can login to your account and uncheck the Newsletter box under the My Account section.
- Additionally, we do use comments made by you about the Site for marketing purposes and by making such comments you expressly consent to our using such comments for marketing purposes.
Your use of your and other users’ personal information:
- Site members may need to share personal information (including financial information) with each other to complete transactions on the Site. You should respect, at all times, the privacy of other Site members.
- We cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information when you share personal information with other Site members so you should always seek information on the privacy and security policies of any other Site members with whom you are transacting prior to sharing any of your personal information with another Site member.
- You agree to use any personal information received from another Site member in relation to a transaction on the Site solely in relation to such transaction and shall not use the information received from another Site member for any other purposes (except with the express consent of the owner of that information).
- You acknowledge and agree and you shall use personal information received from another Site member in accordance with all applicable laws.
Accessing, reviewing and amending your personal information:
- You can access and review your personal information in the My Account section of the Site. If your personal information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Site you should immediately update or correct your personal information (as applicable) by accessing the My Account section on the Site or, alternatively, by contacting us following the Contact Us link at the bottom of mazad.com webpages.
- Like many websites, this site uses 'cookie' technology (small computer files placed on your computer’s hard drive). When you go to particular website pages on the Site, the cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number.
- The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you. Cookies help us improve your experience of the Site and also help us understand which parts of the Site are the most popular. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site, or delete them once you sign out of the site.
No spam or spoof emails:
We do not tolerate spam. To report Site related spam emails, please forward the email to email@example.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content. Protecting your personal information your personal information is stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to our data center in the United States, and the storage on our servers. We take every precaution to safeguard all your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
All personal information is encrypted.
However, the Internet is not a 100% secured medium and we cannot guarantee the complete privacy of your personal information. You must enter your username and password each time you want to access your account or make transactions on the Site. Choose your password carefully using unique numbers, letters and special characters. Never share your username and password with anyone. If you are concerned that your username or password has been compromised, please contact our customer support team immediately firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you change your password by logging onto the My Account section of the Site.
How you can contact us about privacy questions:
If you have questions or concerns about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact our customer support team at the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the webpages in our Site.